Prakruti is the nature of our body and mind. It is a typical set up or a way of functioning of our body. It is the basic configuration or basic programme of our mind body system.
It is the psychosomatic description or definition of our personality.
IMPORTANCE OF PRAKRUTI
- First step towards Health.
- Clear and sharp picture of our body
- To decide the DIET & DIETARY habits.
- To rearrange the DAILY ROUTINE in a health friendly way.
- To understand the strengths and weaknesses of our personality.
- To predict the possibility of diseases
- To ascertain specific ways to prevent diseases.
- To make the treatment more specific and accurate
FACTORS DECIDING PRAKRUTI
- Dominance of ‘Doshas’ in the ‘sperms’ and ‘ovum’.
- Prakruti of Father and Mother.
- The diet and activities of Mother during Pregnancy.
- The Health of Uterus.
TYPES OF PRAKRUTI
- SINGLE – Vata / Pitta / Kapha
- MIXED – VATA- PITTA / PITTA- KAPHA / KAPHA- VATA
- Read the questions carefully. Choose the answer, which describes you most accurately.
- Note down the choice in front of the Q.NO. On the answer sheet provided
- You can choose 1,2 or all of the choices if they are applicable to you.
1. DO YOU FEEL HUNGRY?
- Sometimes yes sometimes no.
- Always & very strongly.
- Not much, can withstand hunger
- Skiping meals sometimes causes trouble
- Skiping or delaying meals always causes trouble.
- Can skip meals without any trouble.
3. DO YOU FEEL THIRSTY ?
- Sometimes yes sometimes no
- Yes, frequently
- No, water is drunk only with meals
- Difficulty in falling asleep, disturbed, alert.
- Normal sleep.
- Very deep sleep, tendency towards oversleeping.
5. SLEEP PATTERN
- Habit of walking, talking, eyes remain half open during sleep.
- Nothing of this sort.
- Reluctant to get up from bed, take time to get up.
- Less, only on physical exertion.
- Profuse sweating, with or without bitter smell.
- No or very little, after heavy exercise.
7. BOWEL MOVEMENTS
- Constipated, hard stools have sit for a long time.
- Very quick and clear, little bit loose.
8. SEXUAL ATTRACTION
- UNPREDICTABLE, SOMETIMES ANGRY, SOMETIMES COOL.
- GET ANNOYED VERY EASILY.
- NOT ANNOYED EASILY.
- ARE AFRAID OF DOGS, COCKROACHES, DARK ETC
- ARE BRAVE & AGGRESSIVE.
- FEARLESS BUT NOT AGGRESSIVE.
- Very talkative, fast, stammering.
- Clear, sharp, high pitch, harsh, curt.
- Silent, pleasant, deep, resonant.
- Fast, quickly moving, hasty.
- Precise, & orderly.
- Slow, in relaxed fashion.
13. GAIT (WALKING STYLE)
- Fast, light & quick steps.
- Medium speed, quick, firm steps.
- Slow, heavy steps, leisurely.
14. WEIGHT(BODY BUILT)
- Thin, do not gain weight easily.
- Medium, can gain or loose weight at will.
- Strong, heavy, tendency to become fat.
15. CLIMATIC EFFECT
- Cannot tolerate cold dry weather.
- Cannot tolerate heat, hot weather, sun
- Cool, damp weather is troublesome.
- Rough, dry, scaling in winter, visible veins.
- Soft, warm, plenty of moles, becomes reddish in sunshine.
- Oily, cold, lustrous, clear.
- curly, dry, rough.
- thin, straight, brownish, early greying premature balding.
- thick, dark, wavy, oily.
18. FORE HEAD
- Narrow (accomodating 2 fingers).
- Medium (accomodating 3 fingers).
- Broad (accomodating 4 fingers).
- Very active, sometimes restless, but also very imaginative, easily excitable.
- Stubbourn, forceful, easily irritable, not tolerating disagreement easily, tend to be critical of others.
- Tough, calm, not carried away easily, calm, tolerant.
- Enthusiastic & vivacious, emotional, frequent mood variations.
- Stubborn, realistic, disciplined outspoken.
- Placid, sober, unruffled.
- Good at memorising, but forget easily.
- Can grasp easily rather than memorising.
- Slow grasping, but excellent memory can remember minor details.
22. HAND WRITING
- Not very good, frequent scrubbing, disproportionate letters.
- Vertical, each letter separate, neat.
- Decent, good, solid, firm, compact letters, circular.
- Sweets, spicy & tasty foods sour foods fresh cooked food, hot tea, coffee etc.
- Sweets, cold drinks ice creams, prefer cooled tea/coffee.
- Do not like sweets, like hot spicy foods.
- Tempted to eat food when see them.
- Fond of eating, very choosy.
- Not very choosy. Eat as a ritual.
- Songs, music, dance, films etc.
- Perfumes, ornaments, variety of clothes.
- Reading, chatting with friends etc.
- Outdoor games.
- Indoor games.
- Do not like games.
- Not so lucky
- Very Lucky
28. LIKING -TYPE OF WORK
- Moving, touring job, field work.
- Bussiness, profession.
- Administrtive, sedentary job, office work.
Count the A’s, B’s & C’s including the double choices.
A = score of vata prakruti. B= Score of pitta prakruti. C= Score of kapha prakruti.
For example if a person gets 22 A’s he is of vata prakruti & so on.
- If you get 22 A’s, B’s or C’s your prakruti is of single type.
- If you get 16 A’s, B’s, or C’s your prakruti is dominated by single dosha followed by the combination of other two doshas.
- If you get 11 to 13 A’s, B’s, C’s your prakruti is of mixed type.
CHARACTERISTICS OF VATA PRAKRUTI
- BODY BUILT – Thin, frail, weak,very tall, very short, never gain weight, disproportionate body.
- SKIN – Dry, rough, cracked lips and soles, scaly, visible veins.
- HAIR – Curly, dry and rough.
- EYES – Circular, muddy, moving. Half open.
- FORE HEAD – Narrow.
- BEARD – Less & scattered.
- NAILS – Brittle, cracked, greyish tinge.
- TEETH – Uneven, protruding, non- aligned.
- COLOUR – Dark, not so fair.
- VOICE – Hoarse, harsh, rough, uneven, splited.
Vata – Psychological Characteristics
- UNSTABLE – Most dominant property of “Vata” dosha.
- Unstable movements, very fast, unable to co-ordinate movements & thoughts.
- Habit of moving legs, hands, fingers etc.
- Change various topics in discussion.
- Very Talkative
- Unable to concentrate, always in two minds.
- Quick movements, Hasty movements.
- Initiaters of everything good or bad.
- Impulsive & spontaneous actions.
- Liking towards hot tea, warm food.
- Rough behaviour, devoid of emotions.
Vata – Probable diseases
- likely due to combination of DRY & COLD.
CHARACTERISTICS OF PITTA PRAKRUTI
- BODY BUILT – Medium, proportionate. Can gain & loose weight at will.
- SKIN – Soft, warm, delicate, plenty of moles.Red & delicate lips.
- HAIR – Straight, silky, brownish. Early greying. Bald.
- EYES – Brownish, become red in sunshine.
- FORE HEAD – Medium.
- SWEATING – Profuse. Skin sensitive to sunlight.
- NAILS – Soft, delicate, reddish.
- FEATURES – Sharp, delicate,beautiful.
- COLOUR – Fair, reddish,yellowish tinge.
- VOICE – Sharp, high-pitched, clear.
Pitta – Psychological Characteristics
- Hot tempered, Egoistic.
- Penetrating look of eyes.
- Sharp & clear voice, harsh & curt speech.
- Sharp intellect & grasping.
- Dominant Nature, Outspoken personality.
- Fond of cool and dry weather, cold drinks, ice-creams etc.
Pitta – Probable diseases
- Combination of hot & sharp result in increased metabolic rate. Hence they cannot withstand ‘hunger & thirst’.
- Bleeding tendencies, Anemia, Blood pressure are the common diseases.
CHARACTERISTICS OF KAPHA PRAKRUTI
- BODY BUILT – Muscular, strong, stout, hefty, gain weight easily, obese, broad shoulders.
- SKIN – Smooth, cold, oily.
- HAIR – Thick, dense, oily, black, wavy, smooth & soft.
- EYES – Broad, big, watery, beautiful. Clear white in the periphery with bluish tinge.
- FORE HEAD – Broad.
- BEARD – Thick and dense.
- NAILS – Big, soft.
- TEETH – Neatly aligned, big, white.
- COLOUR – White, fair, sometimes dark.
- VOICE – Deep, resonant, like that of drum, clouds etc.
KAPHA – Psychological Characteristics
- Peace loving nature.
- Don’t get angry easily.
- Soft spoken, sobre, calm and pleasant nature.
- Slow to move, act, respond.
- Stable mind, stable decisions, stable friendship.
- Excellent memory.
KAPHA – Probable Diseases
- Combination of slow, cold and moist. Hence low appetite and thirst.
- Tendency towards Obesity, Hypertension and Heart diseases.